Friday, April 08, 2005

 
Ahhh! I had a dreadful time at work last night. When picking through the food taken of the shelves, deciding what to put in for charity, I was informed by a peer that 'Those charity people should get of their arses and work for a living'. I got into a tiz about this, but sort of let it pass, after telling him what the charity does (substance dependence support) and that charity is a 'good thing'. He then went on to enlighten me in regards to his views on asylum seekers, and how they should 'go back to their own country and sort it out'. Now this made me really angry, so I used calm, rational arguments to make my case, and then when he said it was "how he'd been raised" I sighed and called him an immigration fascist. Then three fellow employees (including the manager) decided to show the wide range of their vocabularies by trying to find all the offensive terms for homosexuals that they could. This was after I had asked them to stop, and was therefore breaking company regulations. I felt so low. My faith in humanity has been dented. I did write a post a few hours after it happened, that was an outpouring of emotion, but blogger crashed and I couldn't find it. Great.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?